Paycer Community AMA Recap from 2022-Feb-25
After we already had several AMAs in other communities it was time to introduce AMAs in the Paycer community. We are planning a regular AMA within the Paycer community to stay in touch and report about current topics. But also to get feedback from the community and to incorporate it.
Please find the recap from the past Paycer Telegram AMA of February 25, 2022. There were 5 questions chosen that were previously asked on Twitter and then more questions that were asked in Telegram. The following members of the Paycer team were present at the AMA: Richard Vo, Nils Gregersen, Mahsa Doorfard, Lukas Gurschler, Christian Rank, Patrick Charrier and Metin Demirdere.
The AMA moderator was Adam from RVN Studio.
Adam: The first question from Twitter:
- Can you describe what does cross chain mean in Paycer, Does it look like other projects such as Multichain(anyswap),sifchain, thorchain,…
Nils: At the moment most blockchains can not interact or communicate with other blockchains. So for now bridges are needed to transfer value and information between different blockchains. Paycer is working on a bridge solution and will also launch the PCR token on different chains. In the future all functions on paycer.finance will provided on different chains. So it will be a bit like Multichain(anyswap) but with more functions than only a bridge.
Adam: Amazing! Any hints on what chains are going to be implemented first? :^)
Richard: The first sidechain will be Binance Smart Chain.
2. What are the advantages of CeDeFi over DEFI?
Nils: DeFi is mostly fully decentralized that means that you have no support and so you really are your own bank. Even if something goes wrong and in web3 currently quite a lot can still go wrong. The legal situation of DeFi is also not clarified and access is too difficult for many retail customers. We will combine the best of both worlds when we combine banking with DeFi. This way we facilitate access, create a legal framework.
Patrick: We will onboard a lot more users through CeDeFi which will increase revenue for everyone.
Mahsa: CeDeFi can help in overcoming the limitations in DeFi for the selection of single projects. On the other hand, CeDeFi allows users to capitalize on CeFi for earning multiple tokens or yields simultaneously.
3. Why you are pushing for tokens to be staked, which unfortunately continue to lose value (even for the negative market)?
Patrick: Staking increases the token supply and also inflation that is correct. On the other hand it gives an incentive to lock the tokens out of the circulating supply which should have a positive effect on price. So the influence of staking on the market is unclear, but the crypto market overall might be in a downtrend. Right now almost all projects are decreasing in value, but this might change in the coming months.
Nils: We have also chosen a fairly low staking rate compared to other projects to keep the inflation of the token low. It is also very likely that the value of the project and thus the token will increase significantly more than the % rate of the distributed tokens.
4. The protocol was created (should be born) to act as an intermediary between the Bank and DeFi. “Hermann Neunaber” is the figure who should take care of contacts with financial institutions, but he does not seem to have done much so far. He has no social contacts and no certain agreements in the financial world that at this point should have already been active. What kind of bank partners are you looking for? Where is it? How? What features?
Richard: Hermann Neunaber is our Banking Advisor. As described on our landing page, he was CEO at a local bank for over 26 years.
Richard: Regarding the Banking question I can’t answer it publicly for legal and privacy reasons. I can tell you that we are currently in negotiations.The negotiations are almost finished and legal details are being negotiated. A sneak peak, we will most likely offer a debit card to our users at Paycer.
Nils: We were recently in a call with Hermann and a group of about 30 powerful people from the financial sector, in which we presented Paycer. He made this contact for us 😉
5. As Paycer is a project that intends to mix CEFI and DEFI, how will decision-making work on the direction of the project?
Metin: Our PCR token is a utility token that also includes voting and governance functionality. There will soon be a voting function on paycer.finance with which proposals can be submitted and voted on. Paycer will not be a DAO because a DAO cannot work directly with banks, at least not currently. It was clarified with our lawyers exactly what can be included in the voting or not, so that Paycer is not a DAO. The token holders will still be able to vote on many topics that include the product features or the roadmap.
6. And the next question. We all know the answer already, but the team might have even more details for us 😉 Have any CEX listings been confirmed?
Nils: Yes, MEXC CEX listing has be confirmed, more to come.
7. LegendaryApe: Since NFT is popular nowadays, is there a plan for NFT integration?
Patrick: Yes there will be a Paycer VIP NFT
8. Mr. Mojo: What is your top 3 things for priorities in 2022? Could you share some plans for the upcoming year?
Richard: Launch auf Paycer end product with banking services like a debit card and DeFi access in a legal way. In upcoming years enter new markets in other regions.
9. Moonboy: How are you planning to attract the non-Crypto Users in your platform , Can you talk about the UI/UX , Is it easy to use even for users who are unaware of blockchain?
Richard: That’s a good question. Currently, blockchain projects focus on blockchain users. We want to serve the mass market. So in the next phase, we will present ourselves as a fintech or neobank and build our brand strategy around that. In short, paycer will be a neobank that understands DeFi. This will allow us to onboard normal users.
10. Milk Trudge: Who is in charge of marketing? and social networks? Creating hype by paying a few questions $ 10 seemed like a good idea but the interest is minimal, you don’t seem to be intrigued. And if you don’t intrigue the holders, how does a banking institution believe in you? Are you actively looking for someone to do marketing? and social networks?
Mahsa: Hi there! Here‘s Crypto Diva 🔮 I have recently joined Paycer Team as the Marketing Manager. We have had numerous Marketing Strategy meetings during the past few weeks and we will update you about our marketing plans as we accelerate 🤩 The Paycer team is growing and the new team players are very passionate and active on Social Media and Crypto Communities. We have some surprises regarding Paycer Marketing as well 😇.
11. Elon Tusk: 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭? 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐮𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐮𝐧?
Patrick: Early token investors benefit the most through compounding while CeDeFi users will benefit from a more simplified access to DeFi. Stake PCR to receive an increasing share from the overall revenue stream over time.
12. Milk Trudge: Have your project contacted with big VCs before such as binance lab, alameda, hash, a16z , moonwhale,… ? Because I saw the Vcs cooperate with you is not popular in crypto
Nils: It is quite difficult to get in contact with the big investors. Without people in the network who have personal contact it is not possible. However, we have just enough financial means to push the project. But will soon go on the search for more big investors and are sure that we will get them, because our project and team are very solid. I will also be in Dubai soon to join big blockchain events, where I will also talk to investors.
13. Klee: Hello.. Do you have any plans to attract non-crypto investors to join your project? Because the success of a project attracts more investors who haven’t yet entered the crypto world. What are the plans to raise awareness about your project in the non-crypto space.
Mahsa: First of all, we are planning to create educational content for both technical people and new comers to contribute to the blockchain community and encourage more people to join. Secondly, Paycer will release an easy to use platform that is providing secure, stable and high interest rates for everyone! It means even if the users don‘t have any crypto knowledge, they can easily use it.
14. Dave Zee: 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐮𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐓𝐮𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐥 𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠? 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐬?
Nils: We are currently planning to have youtube tutorial video soon.
15. Tony Do: What is your plans for global expansion, on building and developing or getting customers and users, or partnerships?
Nils: We are currently working on a banking partnership for Germany, that will also allow us to offer all over the EU. But we are already establishing contacts in Asia and the US.
Adam: Thanks for the Paycer team for this session, many significant questions got clarified 😊 Thanks everyone for coming! Paycer to the MOON! 🔥🚀🎉👏👏
Richard: It was a pleasure to conduct our first AMA session with you. Take care of yourselves.
Metin: Thank you for your questions and interest. 😎
Thank you very much for the numerous participation in the AMA. The Paycer team is already looking forward to the next AMA and will announce it in time.
Paycer’s goal is to aggregate DeFi investments multi-chain and make them available to users without the need for their own wallet nor the expertise. This should allow anyone to generate a passive income in a world where banks no longer pay interest. Hence the Paycer team is developing a bridge protocol for DeFi and TradFi to combine the best of both worlds and make it available for retail clients #CeDeFi. Apart from the technical matters and the creation of a super easy to use final product. The goal is also to create a regulatory framework that allows the legal operation of a DeFi platform within the EU first and subsequently in other regions.
Currently, a DeFi platform is already available on paycer.finance on which Paycer tokens PCR can be claimed and staked. More features will go live soon. At the moment on Polygon but other blockchains will be integrated in the near future. Paycer is also working on a banking partnership to be able to combine DeFi with a traditional bank account. In addition to the development of the DeFi platform, the development of the final consumer product is also in progress.
Be sure to follow Paycer on social media for all the latest updates on product development. We have further exciting announcements to share very soon.